Work flow for the statistical analysis of the distribution of trees in relation to the distribution of Single-/Multistory-forest areas [Zimble2003].
1. Step: Make sure that the Dataset consists only of the tree data and the Single-/Multistory-forest area classification. Remove data such as buildings or other sources of error.
2. Step: Prepare the Shape-Dataset to export it into R (e.g. as an Excel table).
3. Step: Do a statistical calculation of the distribution of the measured trees in R. (Hint: Point Pattern Process and Envelope).
4. Step: Do a calculation of the distribution of the Single- and Multistory forest areas in R.
5. Step: As a final step do a correlation analysis (e.g. t-Test, Pearson-Correlation) to verify a connection between the both variables.