1. Identifying the vegetation height by subtracting the DSM (Digital Surface Model) from the DEM (Digital Elevation Model). The result of this process is a vegetation height model.
2. Identifying the peaks of single trees by inverting the vegetation height model and calculating the flow accumulation.
3. Extracting points of flow accumulation.
4. Re-inverting the points of flow accumulation.
5. Calculating the variance of the tree peaks.
6. Classifying trees into single-story and multi-story areas with a defined threshold.